Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tolerance

I think todays blog is 'part two' in relation to what I wrote for the blog entitled "Spring Cleaning" below.

I don't want people to think I'm intolerant or unable to forgive; in fact it's quite the opposite. I am exceptionally open-minded and very happy to forgive and move on in so many aspects of my own life. I just wanted to state that any decisions I've made about cleaning house have never been done in temper or without lots of due consideration.

So that's where I need, in some ways, to backtrack a little too. Because I don't want anyone else to make the mistake of acting rashly and jumping into things without ever having thought through the consequences.

We should never make these decisions to clean house unless we're able to truly live our lives without these influences. I know from my own experiences these are things I've always paid most attention to and as a result, I also know that the decision rests solely on the fact of how it should benefit me. Now anyone reading will think that's a selfish statement; and to some degree it is. After all, the intention here is to improve our own surroundings and our own mental health.

But consideration also needs to be given to the person on the receiving end. If we must clean house, then let us do it respectfully, with kindness and generosity. Be constructive, clarify your intentions and be kind.

But most of all, be yourself.

No comments: