Saturday, December 08, 2007

All I Want for Christmas

I usually find that over the course of my adult life, I've learnt to supress the urge to be bitter and generally try to control any desire to bitch at my fellow man. However, once in a while, something happens that makes me first watch in disbelief and then secondly, leaves me in heaps of hysterical laughter!

Early this Friday evening just passed, I was cooking dinner and flicking through the kitchen TV channels for some background noise. I landed on BBC2 just as Claudia Winkleman announced that Craig Revel Horwood
was about to sing. Now for my American Friends, I need to explain that Craig is one of the judges on "Strictly Come Dancing" or as you know it, "Dancing With The Stars". I should further explain that Craig is the uber-bitch in residence, the one who is expected to spot the slightest flaw, exagerate it beyond belief and then use that to belittle and undermine the contestants with such vehemence, there is no wonder they wince in agony.

So imagine my delight at seeing the attached clip. At first, I thought it was a comedy moment, but then I realised Children in Need was last month! The facial gymnastics alone are enough to reduce even the most staid of us into mild hysteria. But the combination of that mixed with 'leaves much to be desired' vocal talent and an appalling arrangement reminds me that I need to thank you Craig. I have to thank you for making a complete tit of yourself on national TV and for taking one of my favourite Christmas songs and making it better.

I thought I'd died and gone to "piss my pants from too much laughing" heaven!




No comments: