Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Spectacular, Spectacular!

Hello and a big welcome to 2007!

I avoided doing a midnight blog like so many others, not because I think I'm special or anything, but because (i) I actually felt like crap thanks to this shitty head cold I have, and (ii) because I didn't want to put up any false hopes or expectations etc!

And no, I'm not going to be depressive about stuff either, 2007 is finally here and I'm leaping into it in a big, BIG way!

I did however want to say something about our lovely Lord Mayor Ken.

After such a misery for so many others, especially our friends in the North who's celebrations were cancelled thanks to the weather (but whose spirits were far from dampened!), Ken, for once, actually got something right! The Frenchman brought in to do the fireworks spectacular on the London Eye, achieved just that. It was magnificent, and that comes from someone who doesn't do awe!

But poor old BBC! How spectacularly did they boob? I'm guessing there have been some stern words said to the sound managers after the deafening silences that were produced during the live performances!

Well done Aunty!

No comments: