Friday, December 29, 2006

Letting Go

There's something I forgot to discuss on here, which I feel I should have done for anyone who stops by regularly. Its Russell, the ex. I've finally let him go.

There were no claps of thunder, no lightbulbs swtiching on, no great revelations. It just happened. One day he was in my head, the next he wasn't.

It was just a conversation with a friend, who was discussing his relationship break-up. And how his now ex-boyfriend (a forty-something gay man) was behaving like a spolit teenager throughout the whole thing. And it suddenly dawned on me, Russell was no more.

Now I don't want to sound like a heartless cow, I think no one could ever accuse me of being like that! But he's finally left that bit of headspace where he resided constantly, making me have to deal with the emotional fall-out on a daily basis. In fact I rarely think of him now. Of course, it being Christmas and all that, he has popped up once or twice, but not in any great shape or form. And its these rare visits that make me realise I'm over him, because although he does appear now and then, there is no longing for him attached with it. Just good wishes, and the hope that he's taking care of himself and getting on too!

So watch out world, it looks like I'm back! And having lots of time to make up for, it could be a fun and bumpy ride!

So why not get on board, and come along for a laugh!

No comments: