Sunday, April 01, 2007

Decisions, Decisions

I've never been one for making rash decisions.

OK, some of the life choices I have made may not have turned out the right way or have been what I would have hoped for. But I've always been self-aware enough to recognise what's churning in my head and as a result, work it through enough to come to a conscious and rational conclusion.

And I know anyone that keeps tabs on my postings may also question this most recent of choices, and to some degree they would be right, but its not all about a man!

Todays image is the pond outside my friend Mike's place in New Bedford, MA. Its the view he looks out at every day. I love how he refers to it as a pond, and it returns me to my comments about cultural differences. The way we define scale and size is very much determined by the land mass of the USA v. UK. Its actually a 15 acre lake!

And Yes. 'He who takes up my thinking and feeling time' is playing a lot on my mind at the moment. And he is a major factor in making me impatient to get my house in order so I can go visit. I would be lying to everyone if I tried to deny that fact. And my previous post 'A Change of Scenery' still has a strong hold there also; the values and commitment I seek, I am rapidly beginning to believe I won't find here on my own shores.

Actually, that's a lie. When the pennies do drop it means I've already made my mind up. This time it means that my beloved London no longer holds any surprises for me. As a result, my heart is saddened. But there is a reversal of fortune in that saddness; it means I've recognised the problem which also means I can find the solution.

And find it I have. Watch out North America, by hook or by crook I'm crossing that pond this year with a one way ticket.

No comments: