Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Change of Scenery

Visual Imagery. A marvellous form that is one thing that does get better as technology advances.

The image on the right believe it or not, is a satellite photograph of a considerably large town in the mid-west of North America. It may become my home in a few short months for a just a few short months until a permanent home in another North American town is found!

I'm contemplating meeting and being with a man who currently lives 4057 miles away, give or take a few yards! I've never been scared of change; in fact I welcome it with open arms and look for all the promise and the good it can bring.


It seems my never ending search for what I know will make me happy and settled may actually reach its as yet elusive end in a country I constantly berate for its politics, policies and people. You see, I'm a closet Americophile. When it comes down to the nitty-gritty, our yank cousins have a better commitment to real relationships. I blame (or thank) it partly on the brainwashing provided by TV and film mediums.

Hollywood and the TV Networks throw out constant subliminal messaging that 'family' and its values are best. If you pull together, you'll work it out. As much as we Brits pull away from that and scream the world doesn't work that way, I think in our deepest, darkest secret desires, most of us want that happy ending. If you work hard enough, life can be a Judy garland musical. You just need to remember there will always be a little bit of 'Desperate Housewives and Ugly Betty' in there too!

Am I crazy, well you may think so but I don't. You see, over and above all the things we have in common, he shares all the values and beliefs that I do.

No comments: