Friday, November 24, 2006

London Buses


Isn't it amazing what difference a couple of days can make to completely turn everything you thought onto its head!

When I was in the midst of what appeared to be a personal drought on the dating front, just like London buses, they all turn up at once! Not only has one available seemingly decent human being popped his head up on the net, than a whole glut of them have appeared all within a 16 hour period! Five men in total suddenly seem interested in yours truly.

Now I'm not one to complain, but even by my own flirtatious standards, this has to be a bit of a record!

Without even trying, or casting my net further afield, they have all approached me! Ok I hear you asking, whats wrong with them, well nothing really, except none of them live in London.

Now I'm not averse to long distance relationships, I've had three in the past. But do note, the operative word in that sentence is 'had'! None of them have worked. My longest of two years was also the most exhaustive. It was a proper full on NYLON relationship. That's New York and London for those not in the know. A long weekend here and a long weekend there each month not only fried my brains, but also melted my credit cards!

Now I can understand anyone reading this thinking, "Oh no! Another one bites the dust before its even got going" . Well, not true. As I said, I'm not averse, and for the right man I would up sticks and move in a second.

After all, that's how I ended up in my beloved London! But then that's another story entirely!

No comments: