Thursday, November 02, 2006

On Reflection

I need to back track a little on what I've said before and put some records straight!

I've had a few comments about my relationship with my ex from people who have been incredibly supportive, but also don't know the bigger picture!

My ex is not a bad man! Quite the opposite.

I fell in love Russell. He came into my life when I least expected it and managed to reach and touch more parts of my soul than anyone ever has done before. I shall be eternally grateful for that and the fact that for a period of time, he was in my life!

He still is in my life in some ways. He and I will one day become friends. He knows I possibly know him better than anyone else, and he also knows he has seen more of the inner me than anyone. Even more so than my best friend. Though I'm sure in time that will change!

Russell is an incredible young man! In his short life he has seen and expereienced more than most people I know combined. He has taken knocks on the chin that others wouldn't be able to get up from. Yet he does, and he fights back. And with all these 'knocks', he continues to be a kind, gentle and loving soul. It is a pleasure to know him, and a joy to be a part of his world!

So Please, don't hate him, because I don't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a really nice account on how relationships transform us and the power we have to ensure that they do not make us bitter